Snipping Tools give you more than just capturing a screenshot. It’s a utility you would love to have. Snipping Tools are one of the most loved applications from Microsoft. Today in this article we are going to mention the top 10 snipping tool for Mac.
If you are wondering whether a snipping tool is available for Mac, then yes. There are some third-party applications that help you take a snap like a pro. So without any further delay let’s get started…
Snipping Tool for Mac
Here’s the top 10 list of snipping tool you were waiting for.
It is less like a Snipping Tool and more like a shortcut inbuilt utility for capturing snap on Mac. The present Mac OS X users make use of it to capture the screenshot. But still Grab is the best Snipping Tool for Mac, available for free.
- Marquee selection.
- Whole/selected window capture.
- Extremely user-friendly.
- Simple to access with keyboard shortcuts.
This tool is quite helpful as per the editing and capturing is considered. It offers a broad range of options in case you want to edit or capture the screenshot. The best part is that it lets you see the preview of your screenshot with the zoom-in facility.
- Image editing and screen recording.
- Encompasses more annotations.
- Preview option over mouse hover.
- Aesthetic interface.
Also Read: Best Video Calling Apps in iPhone
It is one of the best third-party screen capturing tool for Mac. You can save the screenshot in the file extension you require. It also supports full screen, part of the screen modes for better user experience.
- Annotations tools.
- Free cloud storage.
- Easy image sharing over various platforms.
- Pro version with added for.
- Inter application sharing.
It is the most simple and convenient snipping tool among others. Lightshot provides you with awesome annotations and basic customization. Once you capture the screen using this, you get pretty accurate and decent results. Lightshot is the best Snipping Tool for Mac with all useful features.
- Useful and convenient to use.
- Fast with basic customization options.
- Light, quick and user-friendly.
- Decent screen editor.
- Useful, convenient and worthy.
- Fast processing.
- Quick and user-friendly.
This tool claims to capture a screenshot, video, and GIFs much faster than any other tool. You can add annotations to the image, quite fast to access.
- Easy upload of large files.
- 300% times faster than any other option.
- Optional password protection.
- Easy image search options.
- Faster to access toolbar.
If you are looking for more than just a screen capturing tool, SnapNDrag is meant for you. By spending as less as $10 you can extra feature here.
- Convenient library.
- Multiple output formats.
- App sharing over popular social media platforms.
- Ease of use.
- Pro version at the cost of around $10 only.
It allows you to capture or record your screen and you can share it with a single press of a key. This free open-source screen recording tool lets you share the screen over a vast range of platforms.
- Uploading to a vast number of services allowed.
- Capturing with annotation.
is another snipping tool for Mac. It consists of some interesting features like history, instant saving video, sharing, etc. Although it is less powerful than Snagit you can consider it for simple daily usage.
- History, instant saving to video.
- Resizing and editing features.
- Sharable screenshots.
It is a simple screen capture tool that comes up with a great range of customization features. You can add annotations, texts, arrows, custom size and colors to your captured image.
- Small and simple screen capture utility.
- Annotations like text, arrows, shapes, custom size, and colors.
- Limited to still images only.
Greenshot is a screen capture software available for Windows and Mac OS systems. It lets you capture a selected area or the complete web page. Annotations can also be added like text, arrows, colors, etc. It is an efficient tool for software developers, technical experts and many more.
- Easy to use.
- Allows annotations, and highlighting.
- Freezes when the screen is captured.
Snipping Tool for Mac keyboard shortcut
You can take a screenshot on your Mac with the help of some keyboard shortcuts, without any third-party tool required in such a case. Here’s how to do it.
CMD + SHIFT + 5 – for active window screenshot.
CMD + SHIFT + 4 – for selected area screenshot.
CMD + SHIFT + 3 – for full screen screenshot.
CTRL + PRTSCN – for screenshot for the entire screen.
ALT + PRTSCN – for a screenshot of an active window.
Capture screenshot on Mac
Capturing screenshot on Mac is absolutely easy and not much complicated as you expect. There is a time when you do need it to capture the screen instantly. We have mentioned some great snipping tools for Mac. We have also explained some keyboard shortcuts that can help you achieve the same.