If you have used the iMessage app on your iPhone, you have at least once witnessed this error that reads “Waiting for Activation”. This is the most common error that occurs while using the iMessage app on iOS 10, 9, and 8. So, if you are in search of the fixes for this error, then you can get them from our page below. We have listed us some effective and easy fixes for this error. The delay in activation in iMessage produces this error on iPhone. It is not a difficult thing to fix the error. There are many ways to fix the error and we have brought before you the ones that will solve the error.
The iMessage uses the network to send and get your message data. When there is an update, you will observe a popup. In a situation like this, you have to check and be sure you have set the most suitable date and time zone on your iPhone. The iMessage Waiting for activation error can occasionally be tricky to repair.
Speak to your carrier and make sure that you are able to receive messages and your carrier supports iMessage. Again, you may not actually get a text message that you are going to be able to read, but the SMS protocol may be employed to activate iMessage or FaceTime on your device.
Solution For iMessage Waiting for Activation error on iPhone
Before getting started with the fixes that will solve the “Waiting for Activation” issue on iPhone iOS 10, 9 or 8 go through these tricks.
- See if your number is listed on top of the contacts first. If it is not listed in the top, then go to Settings>Phone>My Number and enter your number.
- Likewise, go to Settings>FaceTime and make certain you have selected both your phone number and Apple ID.
- Also, check if the Date & Time are correct. If not, tap on “Set Automatically” option and set the Time Zone right
- Also, check if your internet connection is working and is not poor.
Try these fixes first to solve the activation issue of waiting for iMessage error:
Also, ensure that the time zone is accurate. In case the time zone of your iOS device isn’t right, you might experience some difficulties with your iMessage app. If not sure, speak to the carrier support group and ensure there are no limits on iMessage activation.
There are a number of ways to repair the error and we’ve brought before you the ones that will fix the error. In the event it still persists, you will be required to reset the location settings, and then your iPhone. Before you begin to repair the error, please make sure you have completed the next things right. There are several ways that may be used to solve the iMessage activation error.
Now, check out whether the issue is gone. After trying the above methods, if it still persists, then try to switch on and off Airplane mode on your phone several times. If no, then it may be the reason why you’re going through iMessage activation annoying issue.
Also Read: iMovie Not Responding – How To Fix
First, check your internet connection is operating well. Hence, make sure it is up to the mark. So make sure that it is strong enough so that you don’t face the problem of iMessage waiting for activation. Also, make sure that you’re employing a dependable online connection. Thus, you should look at your network connection initially.
Fix 1- Check Network Settings
The internet connection plays a key role in the running of this app properly. Before taking the biggest step, the user needs to check if the internet connection is coming without any break in the flow. To set the internet connection properly, open Settings> Wi-Fi/Cellular>turn off the switch by tapping on it. Reboot iOS device and turn on Wi-Fi/Cellular to restart the internet. If this does not do any help, then reset network settings. To do so go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Fix 2 – Check Carrier Settings
You have to check if your carrier supports iMessage or not. If it does not support iMessage then it is not possible to run it at any cost. So, contact your Carrier support team and confirm with them if there are any limitations that are holding back you to use your iMessage app, blocks or filters on text messages on your iPhone.
Fix 3 – Turn On and Off Airplane Mode
You can also try out the Airplane mode activation mode to fix the error. To do so:
- Go to Settings > scroll down and tap on Messages and turn off iMessages
- Turn on the Airplane mode, which automatically turns off Wi-Fi
- Now turn on Wi-Fi
- Go to messages and turn on iMessage
- You will be asked to input your Apple ID if you haven’t provided it yet
- Now, go to Settings and turn off Airplane mode
- On turning off Airplane mode, you will likely see the message saying ‘Your carrier may charge for SMS’. Tap on OK.
- If you don’t receive the message, go to Messages, turn OFF iMessage and turn it ON again.
- In no time you will see iMessage being activated
- You will see a number and email ID and the number should be checked and you are done.
These are some of the effective fixes for the iMessage waiting for activation error. Hope this works for you.